Thursday, April 23, 2009

Maternity leave officially ended just under two weeks ago, and my post-maternity-leave vacation time runs out this weekend so it's back to work on Monday. Stress already settled in: the conflicted feelings over working full time, panic over whether or not I can meet expectations at work while balancing a newborn and toddler at home, separation anxiety from the new baby... I slept a total of 3 hours last night even though the baby slept a respectable 5 hours, then 3 hours.

Confession: part of my sleepless panic was worry over whether or not I have any work pants that will fit my post-pregnancy booty. I should probably check into that or else I could be wearing a maternity dress on my first day back, and I don't think even the cutest heels in the world will distract from the fact that it's a maternity dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment