Sunday, April 26, 2009

A 10 week LOA goes by about as quickly as 1 day back at work, but at least I know that my pants will fit tomorrow.

We decided to treat the final 3 days as a vacation and ate out a lot, consumed too much ice cream, drove down to the IKEA in Tempe, and took the boys to the train park again. (IKEA used to seem so far away, but soon it will be just another piece of the scenery during my loonnnggg drive to work. Now that I've stopped counting down to the end-of-maternity-leave, I can start counting down to the start-of-my-new-position at the far, far, far away location. Five weeks to go...).

I also read Megan McCafferty's final Jessica Darling installation, Perfect Fifths. It wasn't the same- or as good as the other books in the series- or maybe I've changed too much to appreciate them. Spoiler alert: I really didn't want Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie to end up together. And I skimmed the third of the book that was nothing but dialogue between Marcus and Jessica.

The baby just started crying. It's that time of night when he cries uncontrollably and I feel awful because there's nothing I can do except hold him very tightly and wait it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment